By Dr. Nektarios Logaras – Dermatologist/Venereologist
What is Acne Vulgaris?
It is a common, chronic, inflammatory disease of the hair follicles, which occurs mainly in adolescence, but less frequently in adulthood.
What is the basic information that you should know about acne?
- Acne, without treatment, has a significant negative impact on the patient’s psychology and social life.
- Acne is caused by the local action of hormones which cause severe seborrhea, a disorder in the apoptosis of keratinocytes in the hair follicle, proliferation of the acne bacterium and inflammation.
In Athens South Dermatology Clinic, the treatments that are studied by the specialized Dermatologist Dr. N. Logaras, are individualized, depending on the form of acne and the patient’s history.
The Planning of Acne Treatment
At the first appointment, in addition to the examination, and the history, a detailed record is made concerning the problem’s extent. The treatment is parameterized and exactly according to the findings.
The treatments are local or/and oral ones.
In what areas can acne appear?
The face is the most common area where acne may occur. It is also the point that most affects the psychology of the sufferer at whatever age it appears (adolescence or adult acne).
Other areas where acne may appear are:
Of the above areas of the body, the back is the one that is most often affected in cases of acne. In fact, in English terminology, back acne has a separate name, which comes from the connection of the words back & acne and is called bacne.
In Athens South Dermatology Clinic, the treatment of acne is short and effective.
Acne is no longer a chronic disease. We reach at an impressive result after only about (6) months.
However, the improvement is obvious from the beginning.
The change on the face or even on the body is impressive. The improvement of self-confidence is also important.
The result is permanent since the treatment comes from within, as we treat the cause, which is the excessive sebum production.
After a few months, we have a glowing, healthy, fresh and young face, which in order to maintain it, after the evaluation – skin analysis VISIA, we recommend, daily morning and night complete home care according to age and the unique skin needs.
Tips for clear skin without acne.
- Wash the face twice a day (morning – night) and again after exercise.
- Daily hair washing.
- Always use sunscreen in the morning and a moisturizer morning and night.
- Use acne prone skin products, free of oils, non comedogenic, and gentle cleansers.
- Change bed linen (sheets, pillowcases) twice a week; the face towels should be changed twice a week, and not be used by others.
- As much as we want to pop the pimples, we have to resist as we increase the risk of leaving scars.
If acne is not treated as soon as possible and effectively it is very likely to leave scars.
For the treatment of acne scars, we have the knowledge, experience, but also the appropriate medical technological equipment.
The State-of-the-art systems
- SilkPeel, microdermabrasion with diamonds.
- Laser Fraxel Dual,
- Laser NdYag
- Laser eCO2 and Chemical Peelings, are the most effective in the hands of experts.
Before & After
The Doctor’s experience
Dr. N. Logaras MD
Dermatologist – Venereologist
Laser Dermatologic Surgeon
Graduate of Nottingham and Birmingham Universities of England.
· Specialization in Dermatologic Surgery, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hospital of Dermatological & Venereal Diseases “Andreas Syggros”
· Specialization in Digital Dermoscopy – Mole Mapping, at the Department of Dermoscopy and Melanoma, Hospital of Dermatology & Venereal Diseases “Andreas Syggros”
· Degree in Medicine, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, The University of Nottingham, UK.
Postgraduate Training of the American Academy of Dermatology at the Miami Convention Center in Miami, USA, and at the International Center of Lutronic, using Laser Systems for Medical and Cosmetic Applications, in Seoul, South Korea.
CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
· Dermatologist – Venereologist, Private Clinic – Athens South Dermatology & Laser Center, Alimos· Dermatology – Venereology Specialty, Hospital of Dermatologic & Venereal Diseases “Andreas Syggros”
- Former Doctor, Royal Derby | Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, England
- Former Doctor, Taunton and Somerset Hospital NHS Trust-Musgrove Park, England
- Former Doctor, Worthing and Southlands Hospitals NHS Trust, England
- Former Doctor, Queen Alexandra Hospital, England
- Former Doctor, Portsmouth Hospital NHS Trust, England
- Former Doctor, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust, England
Dr. N. Logaras is member of the following Medical Societies.
– Hellenic Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Aesthetic Dermatology and Laser, attending its
congresses since 2010.
– American Academy of Dermatology.
– Hellenic Society of Dermatology & Venereology (HSDV)
– American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
– European Society for Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology
19 years of medical experience
Phone No. for Appointment: +302109821431